Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Website: Steampunk Cookery

While I have a moment, I wanted to provide a link to a really nice blog called Steampunk Cookery. This is a fairly more recent blog, but has a lot of information, recipes, and research. I would be remiss if I didn't give credit to Mac's blog for inspiring this one.

When I saw his steampunk cooking blog a month ago, I thought it was a great idea. It's more focused on Victorian dishes, mostly seeming from the Western cultures. His blog got my mind tickling ever since. This blog, Chrononaut Cookery, will be focused on a wide range of cuisines, with the limitation of gluten free cooking. (I didn't realize how similar our blog names were... Eep!!!) We are also likely to be less focused on the historical information than Mac is, though I hope to provide some details. Mac is a historian and chef in training... and I am a mere working mother who likes to cook. :-)

So, please visit his blog and show him some love for embarking on his culinary journey and inspiring other steampunks to share in theirs.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... gluten free. I don't think I could do it! I love bread and roux too much. More power to you on starting the blog—I'm glad you find mine informative.

    Definitely check out Feeding America (http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/cookbooks/html/browse.html) for more old books. Mrs. Beeton is definitely a good resource, obviously, but there's a staggering number of cookbooks that might have more recipes that you'll be able to modify to suit your needs.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gluten free isn't that difficult when you get used to it. Some things are a little more difficult, but you learn tricks along the way. I'm actually a little too lazy to deal with baking gf bread items... so I leave that to Nigel... and those are the items that are most gf cookbooks tend to focus on. ;-p

    Thank you for the link. I will definitely peruse it. Please do keep up the inspiring work on your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete